3.08.2009

Kick and Scream





So I was out early yesterday from the office, thinking I'd drop by PeopleSupport to grab my hard-earned salary. Even before the security guard was done checking my bag for any live snakes or hamsters, he notified me that, just in case that I went there to check if my salary is already available, I am completely mistaken and that I have wasted an hour of transportation going there because my salary won't be available until Thursday.


I knew I should've brought a snake.

Zipping my bag immediately (almost slicing Mr. Security Guard's wrist), I somberly dragged myself to the highway, contemplating on what to do next (since it's still 7pm and I haven't had my dinner yet). For a millisecond I decided to go to Glorietta and waste the rest of the evening there (spending my Saturday night alone, boo) but then again I became time-conscious (which is really not the usual me) and made up my mind to give Small of Asia a visit. An hour or so and I was off to Buendia to get a ride to SOA. As I got off the jeepney ( amazing traffic, I wonder what's it all about?) I saw a flood of human beings chasing mini-cabs. They were literally hurling themselves to the speeding vehicle, not minding a broken rib or a split femur.

Ooookaaayyy... A little bit strange but I reminded myself that this is the Philippines and everything is always strange.

After a few minutes and a fantastic view of filipino gymnastics at work, I was on my way to Small of Asia (still wondering about the tremendous traffic and the people kicking and screaming for a ride).

Then it hit me. Like an overrated havaiana on my forehead. Like a speeding blind cockroach on my face. Like a psychotic writer running out of appropriate similes..



TONIGHT IS THE ERASERHEAD'S REUNION CONCERT, DUMMY.


Before I knew it, I was already part of the screaming crowd on its way to the concert area. No, I didn't watch the performance. Not really a big fan of e'heads. I did my best to pull myself out of the mob and catch my breath at a nearby coffee house. Resuscitating my life back with a slice of White Chocolate Cake and a steaming hot cup of cappuccino, I received a text message from my sister telling me that she is in Small of Asia and she needs my help to pull her off her unwanted suitor and feed her nagging tummy. We ended up swallowing Japanese food at a nearby restaurant.


To cut the story short, we arrived home 3 in the morning on taxi because we can't get a van on our way home since there was a warp hole spitting human beings from where the concert took place. The scene was so eternal, it was like a shot of Manila Memorial Cemetery on All Soul's Day. People were actually violating all the grass areas around the mall. Kids sleeping on sidewalks like homeless orphans, Moms and dads beating their heads with a stick to fight off sleep, and teenagers-- oh the teenagers-- spreading the stench of teen spirit all over the walls of the mall. I was just forcing myself not to take out my flamethrower and set everybody on fire.




If you were around the area by that time, you know the chaos I was talking about. Haha