7.20.2008

Freedom Overwhelming (and so much blah)


I feel so confused right now. It's as if I'm chained on a pair of wings - I know exactly well that I could soar above the clouds but at the same time I'm bound to take flight over a limitless horizon... the exaggerated feeling of freedom engulfs me like ice cold vanilla vodka, pleasure and poison at the same time.

I think I'm getting you confused too. Heehee. As of the moment I am given the task/opportunity to write a column for the newspaper that I'm part of. Exciting yes. I can write about almost any topic I want but the tricky part is, I can write about almost any topic I want. Hmmmm, we got politics, the weather, oil/rice/fare hike, pinoy talents, pinoy stupidity, life, love, music, arts, and P.E.

For the record, I'm actually planning to write out something I made as a blog post before. But it felt like cheating myself through my deadline. I't won't be fair to the other writers. I fear for my own credibility.

Time and again I realize that freedom is a really complicated matter. A lot of us fight for this but there are only a few who could really define freedom. Some say that freedom is the state of being politically free, others may view it as space or elbowroom for movement, sovereignity, independence, even deviation from normal rules or procedures. Freeom is the chance we get to redeem what we think is rightfully ours. We make the creed. We draw the line. We give the figures.

Now, what topic am I supposed to write about again?

P.S. > If you have any idea or any suggestion, let my torment end and share your thoughts. Satirical notions are highly appreciated. Thanks so much.