5.01.2008

Mother nature is so hot... which is not a good thing


Whenever I try to walk out of the house in mid-afternoon, realization always hit me that the world really is starting to melt. The summery season is not an excuse since here in our place we experience weather changes every three minutes. It really pisses me off when my skin (literally) starts liquifying -- demanding I put on SPF 3000 or else they'll detach themselves.

Global warming really is not cool. It pains me to visualize that the once splendid environment we usually ignore is slowly evaporating between our very eyes -- that is, if our eyes haven't burned yet and we still them on. Sure we got lots of technological crap updated, but don't we ever think of what the future might become if we stay careless and stupid? Being retarded and a complete moron is a probable excuse, but being apathetic? I don't think so. We may be looking forward to a brighter future, we may be fulfilling the demands of the 'global village', we may be up-to-date and in-the-know (hell for the lack of words), but shouldn't we be thinking of something else? something more valuable? like this spinning rock we call earth?

I'm not rinsing my hands clean here. I, too, am guilty. Guilty enough to write this post and attend to nature's call (pun not intended). I may be a part of People's Ethical Treatment to Animals (PETA), and Greenpeace (yes, the one where Pamela Anderson posed with nothing but spinach on), but I know these are not enough to support my movement of sweeping global warming off my backyard.

I believe in the saying that change only starts if you have the balls for it, that's why from now on, I swear (swear here meaning 'I'll try my very best...) to pay some equal respect to mother earth. Eventhough I think mother nature would love to hear that she's hot, I plan not to take that statement to its literal sense. Moreover, I am willing to volunteer and take part in every environment-awareness programs and seminars to further increase my literacy in preventing this world from falling apart -- like a superhero, but without the flowing cape thing and annoying pose.

I think you should do the same.